Thursday, February 26, 2009

still Day 26

"The quality of uniqueness which is inherent in everyone's approach to everything, demands satisfaction. Without it, intellectual, outer authority strikes no deep roots. On the other hand, in the absence of verified and verifiable knowledge as the foundation stone, individualism stands in danger of building on the shifting sands of mere opinion."

Me: I feeling kinda anxious because I have yet to decide about my thesis. I have yet to have that profound revelation to link silence and poetry.
You: silence is the highest state of the poetic experience.
How do I convince The New School?
You: It is a difficult task if you want to be honest with your own journey
Me: I know. I'm not good with words. I like hands.
You: "I'm not good with words" an irony?
Me: More like a self-realization or a plain realization.
You: on the other hand, a thesis is a like a large paper. A task.
Me: I feel indifferent about it that is why I am stressed. Why would I have to position my opinion on something. I accept everything because I realize how few I know.
Philosophy of silence : The extensive use of silence always seemed to him a satisfying means to spiritual discoveries-more direct and far more compelling than the road of preachments and books, though these may serve the masses. In other words, he has no quarrel with authority per se , but asks only that it guide him as far as it can, yet leave him sufficiently free to develop his own inner life."
You: Then, use that little moment of euphoria to think about it and do it.
Me: I just feel forced to do this. I even have doubts if I want to write/ publish poetry.
Philosophy of silence. Wise leaders- Pythagoras, Clement of Alexandria, Augustine, Loyola are a few-who have counseled that there need be no battle between individualism and outer authority. They have maintained that religion, to be rightly and fruitfully lived, requires both.
You: Everything changes.
Me: It does. It changes and we don't even take notice. Have you seen a singing bowl before? I was playing with one yesterday and it had an impact in my environment for hours. Such a strong vibration. Just think of the power of an actual sound! A voice. How powerful that is and we misuse it every single day!
You: yes, I know.
Me: So why would I "bother" compose words?
Me: It feels like 2012 the end of world. The end of word. Am I turning crazy?
You: no. But the sky, now, is a mirror.
On the other hand, have you asked yourself what you are looking for?
Me: what I am looking for is distracted by my vices. Money. Social life. Recognition. My voice is weak.
You: Everything will come in the right time. Passion is required. Do it in the same way you sing when you are silent.
Me: I can't. I don't have a tune in my head. I don't want to open my mouth. Even to eat.
You: if it seems hard to sing when you are silent, then try to keep silent while you are singing. If you can do that, a new soul will born in the soul you have.

1 comment:

  1. part of me wants you to stay silent for a while, part of me wants you to speak, but practice humility.

    ReplyDelete