Saturday, February 14, 2009

Day 14. Silence is the wit of fools-Anatole France

Yesterday,I was on a bus for 7 hours and i realized that sitting silent in the same spot for so long makes self-control even harder. It kind of adds up to the intensity and makes it extremely difficult. I wasn't tempted to speak, but I was panicked and frustrated. I felt suffocated. I have always recognized the power of "being in motion". I walk a few miles a day, just to clear my head, breathe, and to put my mind, just like my feet, in motion. Being stranded on a Chinatown bus is not the ideal motion i had in mind.
I came to see my friends and I knew that abandoning the safety of my house, would be a risky thing to do. Being among my good friends, joking all the time,makes it difficult withholding participation. It is a challenge.
I feel somehow dry, i am sure it is obvious by my writing.
I tried talking to myself and my voice sounded weak and faint. It worried me to the point that I was making paranoid scenarios in my head, about losing my voice forever. I wonder whether i should make some phonetic exercises. Am I getting worried over nothing?

No comments:

Post a Comment