Sunday, February 1, 2009

Day 1. Silence is refreshment of the soul- W. Judd

i have already come to a few realizations. by not talking i am not lessening my communication techniques, i am just modifying them. my biggest worry about this is not to perceived as rude. being a person that apologizes annoyingly often i cant even think about not responding to a "hello" or a "thank you". so what do i do? Trying to explain to someone the situation using cards is not very effective.maybe i should "blame" it on religious issues. 

Do i listen more now that i speak less?
I think i listen equally the same. the process of a possible respond still exists. i filter my response in my head but instead of expressing them verbally i pause them and "play" them in my head. therefore the response and the time of is still there.

 Am I thinking more now?
i think i am  thinking more. there is the extra thought of "what are they thinking?" "what is going on in their heads" , "what do they think of this/me?" It is true that the artist is an extremely selfish person. how else can i explain feeling constantly  self-conscious?


My first three encounters were:
the guy that lives next door( he is the one that "suggested" the religious vow of silence)
the cashier at the groceries store: she assumed i was mute and used excessive hand language(?) to ask me if i wanted it all in one bag.
Lia: fellow poet that saw randomly on the street close to my house. She was going for a 15 min massage and then she would text me to hang. its been an hour since...
  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for name-dropping. That WAS a random encounter.
    I am so glad you are doing this. We will all learn many things for every austerity we take on individually.
    That's no yogin talk.
    Reals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog is very honest, I'm thinking about taking a silence vow too. So it was nice to find this on the internet

    ReplyDelete