Friday, February 27, 2009

Day 27. EMA

I got a text message from a friend reading : 1 day left!!! 
I got a few more similar remarks, since my index card reads: FOR THE WHOLE MONTH OF FEBRUARY".  I have decided that I am not ready to give up silence yet. I have come this far. I haven't been far. I am only worried about my mum, because she is really worried about this.I worry, she worries, we worry. Somehow she learned how to text and she did send me a few text messages over this past month. I feel like I am torturing her and it doesn't seem right.
I might change it, mix it up a little bit and do selective silence. What do I mean by that? Talk only on specific days, talk only to a small number of people, or something of this type. Or maybe speak when spoken to! 
I have overheard an interesting dialogue, or better a monologue today:

"My brother said the most stupid thing ever. I wanted to smack him in the face. Our mom gave us $2o and he wanted to get pizza. I'd rather buy clothes with that money. Food lasts, how long? 10 minutes? Shoes last at least a month! Stupid pizza. I will get a pimple and have break outs."

I went to the Guggenheim today and I was surprised on how many people mocked some of the artwork. Fucking A. Why would anyone bother to visit a museum if they don't appreciate the art. Even if you don't appreciate a specific piece, at least respect it by not sharing your stupid insides with others. I guess the answer is similar to "Why do guys watch chick flicks?" or "Why do they open the car door for women"...
Allen Ginsberg's  penis, and the two blocks of ice surrounded by microphones, were the mockers' favorites.  

Lastly: Since I am self proclaimed poet here is a poem

A Spaceship for my Time trip

If I could travel back in time 
I would had stood before the person 
who would had been about to 
invent the air quotes and 
with a quick karate chop
I would break his fingers in 
four different "places".



I am not pissed.

3 comments:

  1. You seem full of fury. You seem made of rage and leaking. Why do you say you are not pissed? (or do you mean drunk?) Please answer here or elsewhere. contact me before you start talking again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in no way torturing anyone, you will know when the time is right to begin speaking again, if ever. Do your best to not let others or extenuating circumstances decide the fate of your vow.
    This wouldn't be rewarding if you weren't everyday being more innovative. Each individual that you need and needs you will communicate, it is just amatter of who makes the change first. And in this situation, what you are doing seems a lot more meaningful than not knowing how to text, or email.
    Good for you, it was nice seeing you last night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JMH

    This is exactly what I mean. My fury is only in words. Typed and harmless. At the actual time of the happenings I was mildly disturbed but definetely not furious or that upset. I got over it as soon as I wrote it down.
    I will contact you.

    James: thank you man. It was nice seeing you too.

    ReplyDelete