Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Day 4. We feel safer with a madman who talks than with one who cannot open his mouth-E.Cioran

I have met with a mix of people for a beer ( people i know and their friends that i don't) and i have thought about new things. One of the girls there, which i don't really know, asked me if people are more "careful" now when they talk to me because they don't to "waste" my time by replying to something obvious or dumb. I didn't think about this before. It seems like I am not the only one that felt self-conscious or "guilty". Others might be eliminating the small talk because they are afraid that what they say will be perceived as useless.

Reactions from males that I don't know.
I don't hang out with guys, i am mostly around women. Therefore any interaction I have with guys is always interesting for me to observe. I am only saying this because I don't want you to think that i have realized anything profound, but I got the feeling that some males felt intimidated by my silence. I can make a few assumptions for that:

I) silence is power. By receiving all this info and reciprocating minimum, the scale is on my side. I learn "valuable" info and yet remain mysterious and everything new is perceived as a threat.

II) "Is this a new techninque to pick up chicks?" Believe it or not, one of them actually asked me if my silence is a scheme to create that mystery that i guess, attracts women. Yeah....i thought about buying a Bentley but my second best option was a vow of silence...


P.S I think my english is getting worse

No comments:

Post a Comment