Sunday, March 1, 2009

March 1

We made it. We completed the initial task. I say we, because I could never do it without your understanding, respect and patience. Thank you! Now what? Would my friends feel "betrayed" if I kept this going. I know for sure that I cannot just resume everything and pretend it is all "normal" again. I am not sure if I want that anyway. Therefore, I have decided to only talk on specific days. I need to start babysitting again and have some sort of income. ATM machines depress me. Where does the expression "money talks" come from?
I still have to figure out how I will do this. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I think you should break your silence with me. Unless you have already made other plans. You are my research project as well as your own and I want to observe.
    xoxyourthesisadvisor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I've only done this Silence thing 5 days now, but I understand why you don't want to speak again. There are moments when I really want to explain something to someone and it seems so urgent, but as soon as I let it go I realize how silly it is. The need to tell someone something with no meaning behind it.

    I've been on a Journey through meditation, yoga and prayer with this and what I have learned through my VOS with these tools will never be able to be told with words. People are already excited to hear what I've learned and I think I'll have to be silent with what I've learned, at least the deep things.

    You and I have very different intensions for our Silence, yet many of the answers seem to be the same. Simplicity. We want our lives to be so complex to distract us from the simplicity of Life.

    Thank you for your help with this. I am thankful because you gave me a jump start to my learning, it was nice to be able to read of your experiences before I started mine.

    Your Silent Friend,
    DeLynn

    ReplyDelete